Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No more models to paint :(

Well Tuesday was game day of course. I went 1-1 losing the 2nd game by two damage boxes. One of the best things about this game was Dustin rolled 2 snake eyes and a 1-1-2 to hit on a 7 or better. Because the dice gods hated him so much the 1st game wasn't very close. Once he committed his Eiyrss and Long Gunners to the right flank I ran everyone to the middle. Eiyrss killed 1 Choir and the Long Gunners shot at my Crusader but didn't scratch it. Having 9 out of 20 points do nothing the whole game really helped. A tactic I really like is getting into hand to hand popping feat and just leaving combat to try for the caster kill. I also like having the option of throwing spells at the enemy caster is I can't assign focus to my jacks. I have some in game shots of game one but didn't really want this to turn into a battle report blog.





eEiyrss is really disruptive and has made my force very hard to beat for Cygnar at 20 points. Also having Hymns that take away shooting really punishes Dustin's play style. In the 2nd game I took out a Journeyman warcaster knocking a jack out of the fight. I had my Crusader get folded like tin foil by a Hammersmith and missed a damage roll with Eiyrss. I lost it by 2 damage boxes. Game 2 Dustin took a Hammersmith and Stormclad and it really put me on my heals. Eyirss took out the Charger and Journeyman but the rest of my force got beat up pretty bad dealing with the double heavy action.

I really wish I could play in the Her Complex Journeyman league but my work schedule says that's not happening. I just finished base coats on all the model I own at this point. I really like how Kreoss and Eiyrss turned out. Good thing my 2 player box set and other goodies will be here sometime tomorrow. Next games we're moving up to 25 points so I'm looking at lists for that. I think I'll trim back the Choir to a min unit and switch casters for a change. This alone frees up 2 points. I'm also thinking my next purchase should be the Blessing of Menoth. It's a Revenger and way more for only 1 more point. Channeling spells is really fun. It give Kreoss a much bigger threat range while keeping him out of the fight.


1 comment: