Thursday, August 25, 2011

Menoth 101 and more painting

So I have a few games under my belt and did decent at them I guess. I've looked at my units, jacks, and solos so I know the direction I think I wanna go with Kreoss. Now I'm looking at other casters. I'm not jumping to another any time soon just keeping options open. I want a 35 point Kreoss list first and about 20 or 30 more games with it before I move on. Also all I'm looking at now is what looks cool. I'll worry about building around his feat and special rules later. I may decide the model if great but the rules blow and change up. I have a bunch of different options so I'll find one that fits both areas.

I think The High Reclaimer 2010 looks pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind hitting people with that staff! Also Amon Ad-Raza look cool but I wonder how difficult the chain is to keep in place. It looks like it could be rather flimsy. I have read some of his rules and nothing jumped out and said win the game. The last two I'm thinking look sweet are Testament of Menoth and Harbringer. I've looked at Harbringers rules because focus 10 seems really good. I almost said take a lot of jacks please. Like I said just looking at cool sculpted mini's 1st.

After the hot water fiasco I did a chance to knock out one of my Choir. I always paint single mini's. I'm not an assembly line painter.






I know painting white on black under coat is difficult. I wanted a strong white not the yellowish white of the stock Menoth. I started with grey and my army color of purple. I don't know why I like purple models but I do. This model didn't feel as busy as the Revenger so it felt cleaner to paint. With the Revenger I thought I was touching up my screw up constantly. Well I haven't washed or inked either model yet but here's how this one is. Oh I need to base them better then just green paint also.




Well not sure if I'll get anything else painted today but I plan on finishing some Warmachine Hordes podcasts. I've found Guts and Gears, Focus and Fury, and Iron Agenda if you have any others I'm missing let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment