Friday, August 26, 2011

Umm uhh herpa durp

So I'm reading the battle report from No Quarter 37 because it features Menoth and realize I've never seen the stats on some of the models used. Blood of Martyrs, Thyra, and Reckoner are not in my book. So I do the learning curve thing and call up Jerry. He tells me about Wrath and how it gave all the Warmachine factions new units, characters, a the battle engines. So basically I have a book to buy since today is payday. I also called Dustin since I knew he hasn't played much MK 2 and just bought the pack of cards to let him know he can use it to. His MK1 cards look really different but not as different as I thought they would. Which brings me to my other lesson from last night pod casts.

So I found Iron Agenda, Guts and Gears, and Focus and Fury. I've listen to at least 1 episode of each and found them pretty good. I think Guts and Gears is the most up to date. I also found out that listening to Esp 1 of them really isn't going to help me much since it's all MK 1 rules. After listening to Guts and Gears I thought it was funny that at the beginning they would have musical breaks. Umm I'd say pause the recording take your break and spare me the elevator music. I did think it was funny when I realized what was happening and fast forwarded it. The only other thing I can nit pick is the word "brilliant". I don't think I've said it as many time in my life as the hosts of that show does per episode. It must be a cultural thing and it does sound better then some sayings could.

I downloaded all the Menoth and Legion specific episodes I could find from each cast and really like them. Hearing that the Choir and Vassal are go to models made me happy about my purchases. Going over the new models from the Wrath book in Esp 43 (I think) was really cool. I will have to say I'm not a fan of an hour of listening to story line. I know a lot of people really like the fluff but at this point I just want to hear about how to play the game. I will say this Douglas Seacat (once again I think) really gets into the flavor and back story of the world of Warmachine/Hordes. Once I get a better handle on the game and stop wasting focus during my turns I'll start to read the story line.

If anyone has other Warmachine/Hordes pod casts that I'm missing please let me know. I'm in a car at work and do a lot of driving and really could use some new things to here. Well off for overtime Friday thanks for giving me a read.

Chris
Jokerkiller on the Privateer Press Forums

1 comment:

  1. http://www.breakingtheformat.com/

    Only 1 podcast so far, but very informative as to the new wrath units for each faction when you're ready for that. I'm also a PoM player, Our new solo and caster both seem very good. Best of luck in burning the heretics!

    ReplyDelete