Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Painting it's been awhile!


So thanks to some good luck for me and bad luck for Mike he needed a jump start yesterday. One of the good things about a bad work schedule is I'm home during the day to help with random stuff. Since Mike and his family where coming over for dinner for a paint minis party he let me take his paints (since I don't have any) and get a head start on a fig. I started on the Revenger since I'm not sure if I'll be using it after getting the jacks in the 2 army box. Mike says Arc Node is really good but being a noob I'll have to see. My other reasoning is the Repenter being only 4 points and having hard hitting weapons seems to me the better option.

Page 81 of No Quarter 37 had a sweet picture of a Menoth Jack that's not the normal off white color. I was thinking a purple scheme and seeing this reinforced the thought that darker colors for Menoth would be cool looking. So here's what I started with.


It's a start. It's interesting how many details are on these minis. I'm pretty happy about the fact that the armies are so much smaller then 40k's so you can really make an effort in detailing your work. I found it hard to paint "clean" and was going back over stuff a lot. I hope it doesn't look start to look like purple camo with different layers being added to other parts of the fig. 


I don't think it's horrible but it's not inked or washed yet so I'll see how it goes. I'm going to start on the Choir next to see how the metals are to paint.

Now today is my 1st couple of non-demo games meeting Mike and Dustin around 12 at Hero Complex to play on some sweet terrain. Dustin and Mike haven't met yet also so I'm networking then together. Since both are cool dudes they'll have fun with it. I'm only playing 15 points using Kreoss, Crusader, Revenger, Repenter, a min unit of Choir and buying a Vassal of Menoth. I wanted to get a Mercenary solo for some uniqueness but I think being a new guy I should focus on playing what I have for a while. After that I'll have a better idea what my army really needs. So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment