Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tues equals game day

With the day off Dustin and I decided to throw down this morning. Having only 15 points he was kind enough to play small games with me. My list is pKreoss, Crusader, Revenger, a Repenter, Min unit of Choir, and the Vassal of Menoth. Dustin had Haley, 3 Stormsmith Stormcallers, Hunter, Lancer, and Charger. Once again I'm a new and not sure if that's his list for sure. I was more worried about playing and learning my force at this point.
His deployment


My deployment


My thinking was use the Ravenger with his shield and hymn to be the front line with a 21 defense. Repenter and Crusader would follow up to mop up the rest. I was also hoping that since I have made a real effort to paint the dice gods would be happy with me. I took a picture of just how happy I made them.


Pretty happy right. Three sixes. Well that was a boosted damage roll made by Dustin. That leaves a mark no matter what kind of Hymn you use. The game went bad when I knocked out the Hunters gun arm I and Dustin retreated I thought I was get a free strike. Um not so much in this game I guess. Oh that's a Star Wars Miniatures rule. DOH! It was really his guy had parry but I wanted to cry a little. My dice rolls where average but his where unreal. I need to repent to Menoth so he looks down on me with blessings.

Well this is a picture of the final turn. Crusader charged and killed a Stormcaller which I was told was a little over kill. but since it was the only model I killed I'm glad I did it.






I learned that placement of my caster is real important. I was also in charge range. My reasoning was because I was using Lamentation to slow down being disrupted. Kreoss got shot to death. He would have been charged as well anyways. So the lesson today was model placement. I think I was better at using my focus but it could improve as well. This game made want a shooter bad. Kell Bailoch is looking ever so tasty right now. We tried to squeeze in another game before we had to start picking up kids from school but on'y got a few turns in. Dustin decided he hates the Choir and Vassal. I also thought a Mechanik would be nice to have along since I'm so jack heavy. I may try one of them and Wracks for the two points of the vassal.

Great game even though I lost. I really needed to have my butt handed to me I was thinking I was getting good at this game. It will be nice when I have enough models that it makes people wonder what I'll be fielding. Thanks again for the great support from readers keep the input coming!

2 comments:

  1. If I were to choose between wracks+mechanik and vassal, I would almost always choose vassal. Vassal is just that good, especially with a Vanquisher. But it's not unrealistic to have all of them in games of 35 points or larger. Especially if you go 'jack heavy.

    Ps: This is a tough game for a beginner. I started about half a year ago and I still have a LOT to learn. That is what makes this game rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a few models that are staples for Menoth:

    Covenant of Menoth
    The Avatar of Menoth
    The Reckoner
    Exemplar Errants with Unit Attachment
    Vassal

    You can use those models in almost any Menoth list and they will fit in.

    A Redeemer or two is very good with Kreoss, but isn't used as often with other casters. Knocking models down with Kreoss' feat gets around how inaccurate the Redeemer is.

    ReplyDelete