Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1 F'en point!

So it being Tuesday it's game day. Taking 20 points for the 1st time. Now my mystery unit was none other than Epic Eiryss! Dustin had to read her card no less then 10 times. Well worth the money. His list this week was Nemo, Hammersmith, Defender, 6 long gunners, and 3 Stormcaller Stormsmiths. When I saw his army and 2 heavy jacks I was very happy. He also went long gunners instead of Arcane Gun Mages which means I can use Passage Hymn all game long. My biggest mistake last week was dropping that Hymn during my feat turn. This week we felt pictures would be bad. Playing on my kitchen table using jars of okra as a forest and a candle holder for terrain. I used my normal set up having the Revenger lead the charge with Crusader and Repenter as a counter charge.

I won the die roll and went first. Revenger in the lead with Defenders Ward and the Mechanik behind it in case it took any damage. Eiryss took to the forest and well away from my warjacks. Dustin moves up curving the long gunners some so they could take out the Mechanik. RAT 10 POW 15 hurts. I can't believe it dies I just finished painting him. The 2 heavy jacks came straight up the middle. Nemo also used a spell to move the Defender closer.

Next turn I shoot the Hammersmith with Eiryss disrupting him and Charged Defender with Revenger. I missed with the shield which was bad I wanted to push it back a little. Crusader moves up the left flank. Dustin does some serious damage to Revenger taking out it's halberd but it's still got the shield. He also cast a spell that disrupted Revenger. I really like having a 21 Def on a light jack. Crusader took a damage from a Stormcaller.

This turn I gave 3 focus to the Repenter and was planning on feating since it would knock down both heavies and 2 Stormcallers. Shooting the Hammersmith again with Eiryss was getting pretty annoying for Dustin but that's her job. I hit the Defender with the repulsor shield and pushed it far enough away to let the Repenter charge it. Kroess cast Cleansing Fire on the Defender catching it on fire. Kreoss also used Immolation to kill on Stormcaller the Vassal Arcane Bolted the other on the on that table side. I charge with the Repenter. Now comes my mistake. I roll the charge hit and get snake eyes. I'm not sure if I have to roll since knocked down model get auto hit. Anyways "the dice where rolled" and I missed the charge and free boosted damage hit. I paid for another attack and did some damage to the Defender. Dustin also used his feat which disrupted all my jacks. Defender hit Repenter hard enough with it's 5 focus (thanks Nemo) to kill it. Arc Lightning killed 3 Choir and hurt Kroess.Long Gunners took Kroess down to 7 damage remaining.

This turn some serious damage was done Eiryss shot the Hammersmith again. Crusader charged and killed the Defender. Kreoss used the Revengers arc node to cast Cleansing Fire twice. The first killed 4 long gunners and hurt Nemo. The 2nd took Nemo down to 1 damage box left. Wow did I already shoot with Eiryss? Did I just lose the game because I don't understand order of operations? Nemo dies who cares what the Hammersmith does. Well I pass the turn. Dustin shoots wit the 2 remaining long gunners taking me to 5 damage boxes left. Shoots ball lightning at Kreoss and misses. Nemo then casts Arc Lightning does do enough to damage. Uses his last focus to do it again needing a 6 to kill Kroess. Dice come up 4 and 2. I lose by 1 point and die by 1 point.

MVP's of the game Eiryss is a stud she made the Hammersmith a walking piece of terrain. The Choirs passage hymn is great against Cygnar shooting. This game my mistakes where still costing me but it was real fun. Having my new purchase make such a difference made me happy with the choice. The Crusader finally got a kill. Next week I am hoping to get Mike and Dustin together on Sunday before the Eagles game to play. I love it when my wife says "you have 80 hours of vacation use a day!"

Speaking of football my picks came out to 9-7. My fantasy team killed it scoring the 2nd most points in the league. Next week the Eagles have the Sunday night game so I think it'll be chili and beer at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment