Friday, September 2, 2011

Just a little stuff

So the dreaded work and adult life stuff got in my way yesterday which was a bummer. I have gotten to listen to http://losthemisphere.com/blog/, http://www.boosteddamage.com/, and more http://www.chain-attack.com/. Being really new still it's very nice when Menoth is the main focus on the shows since I at least don't have to look up who they are talking about. They made me remember some details that I need for my Warmachine/Hordes tool box. Like focus can heal casters. Hmm seems like a good thing to remember. Lets see if my caster dies it's pretty much game over. Yep lets go ahead and try to keep him alive. This would have maybe helped on Tues. Listening to how Thyra's feat works would have made me sound like I can read. But just hearing how other players build around a caster and who they include was really awesome for me. Since I can't or don't want to live at a game store to watch games this is very helpful. Also I have already seen how our meta is shaped by a few of the players in the area. Luckily I think Jerry, one of go to resources is one of them.

Not sure if I've mentioned this but I think I know where I'm heading when I jump up to 20 points. Kell Bailoch for some range and solo hunting. I'm also going to max out the Choir since most of my opponents hate them. Also not having to make a command check so fast wouldn't hurt. A Mechanik because I'm so jack heavy why not make them live longer if I can. And finally some Wracks. I really like Defenders Ward and even if I just use that focus to keep that up they seem worth 1 point to me. AOE 5 with a POW 14 can't hurt in some cases as well since I know Mike like 1 wound infantry. The other option is the Choir upgrade, Wracks, and eEiyrss who I hear is a beast. Even though they aren't popular I'm going to add the Cinerators after the box set comes out for my next infantry unit. POW 12 weapon master with 8 wounds seem like a fun place to start. Now remember none of these options will happen for some time. I don't think getting a few more 15 points games under my belt is going to hurt.

As far as painting goes I have all the Choir undercoated and ready for paint. My 6 year old daughter started an arson investigation because of the mysterious black residue on a 2/4 in the backyard. She also hadn't ever smelled what was on the wood. Imagine her relief and disappointment when I told her it was just primer and not an evil super criminal burning a 2/4 in the yard. I forgot how long it's been since I've played a table top war game.

No comments:

Post a Comment