Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stop shooting me!

So another Tuesday in the books. Got in 2 games before we picked up the kids from school. First game was as 15 pointer so I took all my models except 2 Choir. The is Kreoss, min unit of Choir, Crusader, Revenger, Repenter, and Vassal of Menoth. Dustin took 6 long gunners, Stormclad, Charger, and pHaley. My plan was to use the Revenger with Defenders Ward to soak up some damage with the Crusader came around on a flank. The Repenter help out the Revenger and Kreoss would be channeling spells till it was feat time. This game I felt was much better then last Tuesdays. It was so bad last week I felt I should have gotten a reach around from Dustin.






My only real regrets are not using the Crusader very well at all and Dustin having loaded dice. On this turn I channeled Cleansing Fire through the Revenger at the Charger. I hit it hard enough to take out his cortex which was cool by me. I knew some pain was coming next turn though. I used the Hymn Passage for the whole game except on my feat turn. I'll get to that in a second.


I knew the Stormclad would be charging so I kept the Repenter back to counter charge. Charger not being able to boost helped a lot. It did some damage but not much. During the charge Dustin was dice minus 2 to damage I felt I could make it out with only maybe 7 damage to the Repenter.





Just so people know Dustin didn't roll 3 box cars on me this time. The top die is a only a 5! That was attack number one of 3. Lets just say the Revenger didn't make it to the next turn. I was planning on popping my feat and charging with the Repenter so I used the battle Hymn to push some damage through hoping to eliminate some core systems on the Stormclad. That was not to be. I did do some damage but it was all over his damage box so nothing was disabled. I had the Vassal use Enliven on the Crusader to try to set up a back charge after getting shot by the long gunners.




Haley feated and the pain started coming. Charger shot at Kreoss doing 3 damage. Stormclad tore through the Repenter with 2 attacks. The long gunners hit and did some damage to Crusader moving it within charge range of the Stromclads back. I was feeling pretty good about my next turn. Having the Choir use Battle Hymn was a mistake though. The long gunners next shot took out Crusaders movement by 1 box. If I had the Passage Hymn up they wouldn't have been able to shoot me but then I wouldn't have been in charge range either.
I was offered a loss at this point but tried to do some damage with Kreoss before getting killed by the long gunners and Stormclads shooting. I think thought game was closer then last weeks and considered it a step in the right direction.


The next game was a scenario game using killing field and the starter boxes for Khador and Menoth. Crusader and Repenter (should have used the Revenger for thearc node) teamed up on the Juggernaut after it took 1 victory point. The Revenger took the right objective. My jacks took care of the Juggernaut fairly easily thanks to feating. So I was getting 2 victory points a turn on top of the 1 I already had. I was surprised at how fast I was able to kill a Khador heavy they really are easy to hit so I could boost each damage roll and really pile on the damage. Destroyer tired to shoot to help is comrade but with a Rat of 4 into melee it was a lost cause. The left objective was in a forest which really made it unreachable for the slow Destroyer. At this rate I was able to sit for a round and get the 7 I needed.

I'm really happy I have can use my days off for Warmachine and not cut into my limited family time. I was disappointed the store didn't have any other Mercs I wanted to buy. I did get some more primer and some good paint brushes though. Next Tuesday is all ready set and I will more then likely get a new unit to throw at Dustin this weekend. I will also try to get a game in against Mike on Sunday since I took vacation for the opening weekend of NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment