Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2 game Tues. and more paint

Got in two games yesterday. The first game was a normal beat'em up game. 20 points since it's what I have. Dustin had a new arrival of pEiryss which was pretty scarey. I think this is the best team Dustin has used. Arcane gun mages have magic pistols so my Hymns don't affect it. Also the Journeyman warcaster with Charger seems like a natural fit. He used Stryker to counter my feat with his feat. Stormcaller are a unit I really hate and I faced a Ironclad for the 1st time. Speaking of first times. This is Dustin's first picture on the internet with clothes on!





The grey building in the center of the table was my Eiryss counter. I was hoping to hide along the far side to keep out of line of sight. Instead of giving a turn by turn I'll just hit the highlights. Turn two I had a tough choice of disrupting the Charger or killing a Stormcaller. Either had a good chance of killing my Eiryss so I went for the long term choice and killed the Stormcaller. Charger is pretty much nerfed by the Passage Hymn. Since he couldn't hurt any of my big hitters I ignored him. I had to take Eiyrss out of cover to get the shot but it stopped triangulation from killing a lot of support models. Bunched up Gun mages make nice Cleansing Fire targets. I really like my Arc Node. I was really worried those guys would get out of hand. One spell took out 4 of the 6. We did wonder if their shot Snipe and the spell Snipe stacked.








So towards the end of the game it was Repenter vs Eiryss with the Repenter winning. Revenger and Mechanik vs Ironclad fighting to a draw. Crusader vs Stryker with the Ironclad coming in to assist. Repel shield and losing my halberd helped him disengage but it won me the game.

So at the above point Stryker was knocked down but had +5 from his feat and Arcane Shield on him camping 3 focus. Armour 26 seems pretty good. I could take him down to 5 boxes left. The next thing I know I'm getting trampled by the Ironclad after being disrupted by Stryker.


The good part about this was I get knocked back 3 inches out of melee. The Revenger has lost it's Arc Node and the Mechanik is dead. I move Kreoss in within 8 inches and start to throw out Immolation at Stryker. Boosting to hit and damage twice for the kill. If the ironclad had just charged I would have been shooting spells into hand to hand trying to hit Def 20 off of 7. I do understand the idea I'd have to spend either my move or action to stand up being disrupted and out of melee.

Game 2 was a mosh pit game. Using Passage Hymn really messes with a force with Charger, Lancer, and Defender in it. Lancer led the way and met Eiryss getting disrupted. Repenter caught Haley his new caster on fire. Vassal made the Repenter catch Lancer on fire. While the Crusader blocked Charger. Main points to this game was that Eiryss has a 7 movement. Dustin shot at Kreoss but was just short. I was so sure he was in range I cast Defenders Ward on him just to help out. Eiryss was about an inch shot. Later on I found out that he only moved her 6 thinking that was her movement. With her in range of the Choir I popped feat and charged her with 3 of them. The Choir like the all stars they are killed Eiryss with a massive POW 6 weapon thanks to charging! With Haley down to about 5 boxes left after continuous fire damage went in with the Revenger and the it's Arc Node. Lets just say that Arcane Vortex sucks! It stopped Cleansing Fire and Immolation twice for the cost of only 3 focus. My Eiryss then went in for the kill hitting but only rolling 3 for damage on a POW 10 weapon that didn't crack her armor. I pass turn. It starts with Lancer putting out it's fire. Haley stays on fire and I roll huge for fire killing her. Just for fun Dustin saw if Charger could have killed Kreoss and it would have.

Fun games I ready to have more models to change up the army some. On to the NFL my picks where 10-7 I won my fantasy football game sitting in 4th place at 2-1. The Eagles are really killing my this year. 29 points given up in the last 2 fourth quarters sucks. I saw run the ball to protect Vick. It slows the pass rush and play action freezes linebackers. McCoy is running well and Ronnie Brown is a great compliment to him. I never would have guessed we'd be last in the division at any point this year. Thanks for reading!

Oh and for a great time waster try this out http://darth-ewok-fett.mybrute.com

1 comment:

  1. The two snipe abilities would not stack since that have the same name.

    ReplyDelete