Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday games for a change

So I took vacation yesterday to watch the Eagles game and to get in some Warmachine. For the record I played like the Eagles in both of my games. Game 1 was 20 points against Dustin and his Cygnar. The learning curve for me is still very steep I'm finding out. This is my normal set up with eEiryss being off the right away from my jacks.

The opening turns looked like this. We used the hills an impassable except where the stairs where.


So if Dustin needs a 9 to hit with Arc Lightning he will roll dice that look something like this.

I'm really glad Mike was there to see how often this happens. Mike has been reading this blog and thought I was trying to get sympathy and just taking pictures of dice sitting on 6's. It was so bad that Mike was wondering if the dice where loaded. This shot took out my Vassal and half the Choir. The other big turn of events was right after this shot.



Behind that building is Nemo, a Stormsmith, and Stormclad. eEiyrss would be shooting at Stormclad if I had a shot. Instead I just ran up between the Lancer and the Stormclad. I was hoping a MAT 7 trying to hit a DEF 16 would be hard to do. Not for Dustin's magic dice rolls. Box cars again! I thought I was safe needing 9's to hit without him being able to boost the hits. I did get a turn where he couldn't allocate focus to two of his Jacks. The other really fun thing about this game was the Stormsmith was coming around the building he was hiding behind to try to engage Eiryss. Not a bad plan it's better to lose a 1 point model then let his heavy get disrupted all game again. Once Stormclad and the magic dice killed Eiryss though and since he couldn't see around the building he forget it was there. At the end of the game I told Dustin that building was the most important piece of terrain ever and handing him his model.

Now to my mistakes. Read the enemies list! Stormclad has reach and I didn't know that until I brought out Kroess who was on the 2nd level of the hill to engage Nemo. I pumped Immolation at Nemo a couple of times then got killed my the Stormclad. It wasn't as close as Tuesday but Nemo was in pretty bad shape.

The next game was against Mike. Sorry I don't have pics of this game we where trying to squeeze in the game. I wanted to get home to see the Eagles game and still had a kid to pick up. This Skorne list was Morghoul, a Titan Gladiator, 2 Cyclops, an Agonizer, Paingiver Beast Handlers, and Nihilators. Using Abuse, Rush, and Enraging the Titan made for a huger bull charge. The Agonizer being close stopped me from doing real damage with my jacks. Kroess and my Crusader made quick work of the Gladiator. With the battle Hymn helping the jack and popping my feat on the 2nd turn. But forgetting Battle Hymn was on my Revenger cost me from killing the Agonizer the turn I should have. I also tried to use Eiryss's def to tie up the Nihilators but she couldn't stop the 6 of them from hitting and killing her. I must be thinking 16 is a better DEF then it really is.  I was doing a good job tearing up units until I charged a Beasthandler instead of the Nihilators. The swordsman back charged me and boosted damage and average hit dice killed Kreoss.

It was still fun. The learning curve is still huge for me. I think once I start playing games where I don't make mistakes or misorder operations I'll be a hard person to fight. Until then I'll paint, read, and enjoy this game. I would like to thank the Eagles defense for playing 3 solid quarters and then falling asleep. But then again if the offense runs in a touchdown before the half instead of fumbling they cruse though that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment