Saturday, September 10, 2011

New additions to the team

Well the Vassal paint job is coming along. I really like the way the Quiet Riot mask turned out but the shoulder white could be better. I forgot that I've been painting the white areas grey first since I undercoat black. Also the Menoth symbols aren't painted because I'll screw them up. I'll post pics later I have my camera at work. I'm really torn about announcing here what new figure I've picked up I'm wanting a nice surprise for Dustin on Tuesday. But with this addition I'm 1 point from 20 or if I take only a min unit of Choir I'm 2 off. At 1 point my options are really either the Wrack or Vassal Mechanik. I'm leaning towards the Mechanik since I run three jacks. This week if I could have healed 1 point from the Crusader it would have been huge. I could have charged or walked up to the Stormclad from behind and more then likely taken it out. Then give the Passage Hymn to it so the long gunners couldn't hurt it. I do really want to paint the Wrack and I have a cool conversion idea to make them really look different.

So a few conversation this week where pretty interesting. Dustin is looking into a Hordes army. His choices are between Trolls and Circle. I like the Circle idea since fur is more flammable. Historically burning trolls was the only way to kill them completely so either is really fine. We also talked about me having 2 units of Choir so I could buff and make them not be shot at. Dustin really didn't like this idea but I'm making him think I'm leaning that direction. Looking at the upcoming month I think I'll be at 35 points after I get the battle box around the 1st of Oct. and Mike will have some sick Khador. I'll then really start looking at another caster or Hordes army. As far as another army goes it'll be Legion and it'll be a slow progress since the figures I want are pretty pricey.

On a personal side I won't be posting on Fridays for a while due to overtime at work. Also Peyton Manning was a stupid pick in the10th round. Tomorrow will be a fun day. Eagles and beer at noon and a play with the wife at 7 should be a fun day off. A really want to give another shout out to http://www.chain-attack.com/ this is way more then a pod cast it's an deluxe battle report with great analysis. Those guys do a great job keep it up! Also thanks to Hero Complex here in Wichita for having the WHOLE line of Warmachine/Hordes in stock. Open at 11:00 AM on Tues please! Thanks again for reading I'm having a great time playing this game.

1 comment:

  1. Having two units of choir, neat idea. I'd never realised that you could buff up the power, use them and then finally protect them from shooting/magic reprisals. But sticking so many points into just support, as good as the choir is in that role, might leave you lacking in the power department.

    Instead of a second unit of choir, for 2 points I would go for an allegiant or a paladin as both can put out some damage and interfere with the opponents plans.

    ReplyDelete