Sunday, September 4, 2011

Try to know the enemy

Knowing that my buddy Mike is splitting the 2 player battle box. He's getting the Khador half of the box so I better start looking at them. Kommander Sorscha looks like your average Russian chick with a pile hat. Having 3 different poses to choose from is cool. Reading her feat makes me think it's Kreoss's only slightly different. Kreoss makes people have to stand up where she makes people able to leave combat since they aren't engaged. Hitting on Def 5 is going to sting. I may be a little bias but I like Kreoss's better. Her stat line is pretty average I think but the Def 16 very good. She going to be hard to hit for sure. For having warjacks with speed 4, her spell Boundless Charge will make them get across the board in a hurry. I'm glad she only has 6 focus. Tempest and Freezing Grip are little mini feats. I'll have to make sure the Choir can help with those.

Destroyer a 9 point heavy looks very cool. Heavy armor is represented very well by the sculpt. Armor 20 is pretty good the weapons seem really hard hitting. Critical hits are going to hurt real bad. Having 34 damage boxes is the scariest thing that I can see right off. I really can't believe Juggernaut is only 7 points. Ice Axe is gross and it has the same Armour and boxes as Destroyer is the ranged attack really worth 2 points? Seeing other warjack options in there book and Wrath reminds me it only gets worse. Base armor 25, Bulldoze, and Mecaniks mean it only gets worse.

Now everyone is telling me that Khador don't have light warjacks, have they not seem Man-O-Wars? These guys look like light jack if I've ever seen a light jack. Shield Wall oh great only armor 21 with 8 wounds. Having a Rat of 5 makes me happy since they have P+S 14 cannon. I guess the fact they don't get focus to boost makes them not as scary as a light jack. I also know Mike will be looking for 1 maybe 2 more plastic units of these models mean I better get good at killing them. Mike is really good at using his infantry to tie up heavies and soften them up for his heavies. Expendable is OK since it's not how many pieces leave the board long you get the checkmate in the end. 

Over all I think Khador is a very solid army that can take a huge punch. I think it'll be fun and some of the models they have look sweet. Spriggan looks really cool. Mike if you read this and you better buy one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment