Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mid week update

So this week the game was so close it really got me thinking. Eiryss was really well used and wasted all in the same game. Leaving Nemo with 1 damage box is still haunting me. Kill Nemo and the Hammersmith can't do anything. I also need to ask my readers how good is Eiyrss against Hordes? Mike plays Skorn is she really worth it against them? I am happy I really went for it in that turn. I could have camped focus, healed, or gone for the kill. I think I played like I had a pair by going for it. Also missing with my charge attack was a huge mistake I'll never make again. Since then I've been reading about Throws and Slams. Knockdown seems huge so I'm looking for more ways to achieve that. I've also seen how that can help with some of my less accurate shooting units.

Now on to my NFL picks for the week.
Buffalo over the Raiders, I don't think either are that great so I'm giving it to the home team
Green Bay over the Panthers, The Pack are that good.
Lions over the Chiefs, Detroit is going to be tough every game they play.
Browns over the Colts, Cleveland really let last week game go.
Vikings over Tampa Bay, Tampa was the most over rated team last year
Saints over Bears, Cutler will be crying again after this one.
Jets over the Jags, New York's defense is going to do the job again.
Steelers over the Seahawks, It would make me laugh for Pitt to go 0-2 though
Ravens over the Titans, Can you believe Flaco was rated under Freeman in the top 200 players?
Arizona over the Redskins, Kolb is an ex-Eagle so he'll shred Washington for 300 yards 3 TD's
Cowboys over the 49er's, Once again seeing the Cowgirls at 0-2 would be awesome!
Bengals and Bronco, Give it the home team in another loser bowl
Houston over the Dolphins, The Texans are just a better team all the way around.
New England over the Chargers, Should be a great game but I can't pick against Brady.
Eagles over the Falcons, Will I ever pick against the Eagles? Umm duh HELL NO!
Rams over the Giants, New York is the only team more beat up then the Rams.

There you have it. Also on the weekly planner starting to do highlights and bases. Also I'm painting up my Repenter.

2 comments:

  1. Being a Menoth player you will find that your jacks need to charge to get to combat. However, one of the best pieces of advice to starters is that if you don't need the extra 3" charge movement then don't declare the charge. You can walk up into melee range and still beat face. If you miss with the first attack then you still have a full load of focus ready to use. You can even forgo boosting the damage roll and just buy extra attacks (depending upon your target of course).

    As for Eiryss are you using the epic version - "Angel of the Retribution"? if so she is very useful against Hordes as her shot will remove animi that could mess with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming it is eEiryss, due to your last post. She isn't as strong versus hordes, but she is still good. Getting rid of upkeep spells can be important. Sometimes there will be an annoying enough spell, like crippling grasp, on one of your own models or units that you will shoot your own model, but usually you will be shooting off a beneficial upkeep that your enemy has on his own models. Since you have liked defenders ward so much, you understand how powerful a beneficial upkeep can be. She can also be a goos solo hunter.

    ReplyDelete